Additional Precautionary Measures on Confinement Nanny Health, and compliance with Malaysia’s Movement Control Order (18th March to 28thApril 2020) and Singapore’s Circuit Breaker (7th April to 4th May 2020)
Warm greetings from Confinement Angels to all Daddies and Mummies! In regard to Malaysia’s Movement Control Order (MCO) to manage the spread of COVID-19, our trained and certified nannies in Malaysia are unable to travel to Singapore up till 28th April 2020. This has greatly disrupted our service to Singapore mummies and babies delivering in March and April 2020.
Deployment of our Confinement Nannies who are in Malaysia now;
1. Nanny to conduct daily temperature check and send picture report to Training Dept.
2. Nanny to refrain from traveling and stay at home according to MCO. Short exposure permitted to buy essential items, and nanny to wash hands frequently.
3. Nanny triggered for deployment to report to Johor Bahru Larkin Training Center for health screening by Training Dept. Stay for 1 night and keep 2-metre distance from everyone. To have another health screening by Training Centre staff before land travel to Woodlands, Singapore. Nanny to be temperature checked by Company Driver upon arrival in Woodlands.
4. For the nanny to travel to Singapore, there are 2 main pre-conditions. The nanny’s work permit has to be approved by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM), who has stated that there will be a very slim chance of approval. The other condition is the lifting of Malaysia’s MCO.
5. The nanny will have to serve a Stay-Home Notice (SHN) of 14 days in Singapore, as stipulated by the MOM: https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-confinement-nanny/covid-19-precautionary-measures-for-confinement-nannies
- All nannies entering Singapore from 9 April 2020, 23:59 hours, must serve a 14-day self-isolation at dedicated SHN facilities. They cannot serve the SHN at another place.
- Once they arrive, they will be informed of the location and sent directly to the facility. The cost for the facility will be absorbed by the Government.
- However, returnees who disregarded prevailing travel advisories and left Singapore from 27 March 2020, must bear the full cost of their 14-day SHN at dedicated SHN facilities.
It is the Client’s responsibility as the Employer of the nanny to arrange and pay for appropriate accommodation and daily three meals for the nanny serving SHN, in the event that the costs are not absorbed by the government. Alternatively, Confinement Angels will assist to arrange for compliance of the 14-day SHN at a total accommodation, food and logistic cost of $600 on a shared twin room basis, or $1000 for a single room.
Clients with an Estimated Delivery Date up to end-May 2020 may choose to terminate the Service Agreement
and pre-booking arrangements with a full refund. Clients with an Estimated Delivery Date from 1st June onwards are to discuss further with your Consultant.
Deployment of Confinement Nannies who are in Singapore now;
With the support of our entire team and nannies, we have successfully minimised disruption for the past 4 weeks by transferring our nannies between assignments with a mandatory 2-night rest to ensure the nannies’s health, stamina and optimal alertness. The scenarios as below;
|Scenario A||All nannies will be arranged a 2-night transitionary rest||Client to pay $150 for the 2 nights|
|Scenario B||Nanny is assigned back-to-back cases, and agreed by Client due to urgent needs||Refund of $150|
|Scenario C||Nanny awaits more than 2 nights due to deployment date changes||We will absorb the cost for additional accommodation nights|
Kindly be advised that we have sourced for the best possible, cost-efficient method that also complies with safe distancing measures for the nannies’ transitionary rest of 2 nights at $150 to be borne by the Client.
We understand that this may come to you as a surprise cost at this moment. As you can imagine that the nanny’s duties include supporting baby feed through many nights with interrupted sleep, we have discussed and listened to several of our nannies. After considering different options, we have decided that this is the best direction forward for the nanny to be well-rested to support you and baby from day one.
In consideration that our nannies are the baby’s primary caregiver and in compliance with Circuit Breaker measures, we no longer allow our nannies to leave your residence to go marketing for essentials, as the nannies are not familiar with the safe distancing rules that are changing every day and to prevent exposure to the virus.
Due to the fluid and uncontrollable factors from Singapore and Malaysia regulators, there may still be further disruption in the coming days and weeks ahead. As our confirmed booking Client, you are our utmost concern and top priority in nanny deployment.
Get the latest information on the Ministry of Manpower website.
Thank you and best wishes from Confinement Angels to you and your family.
27th March 2020