Can I still book a confinement nanny during Covid-19? Your FAQs answered
Article by Cherlynn Ng
The Covid-19 pandemic has irrevocably changed lives forever. As we adapt to a new normal, we have had to change the way we work, live and perform routine tasks. With so much uncertainty looming, it’s expected if you are filled with anxiety. Parents-to-be might also have lingering doubts and questions about whether there will be any drastic changes to your confinement journey. Here, we answer your top 4 most Frequently Asked Questions.
1. Can I still get a confinement nanny?
The short answer is yes! However, most trained nannies in Singapore are from Malaysia. With travel restrictions in place due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there has been a shortage of nannies. This means that demand is higher than supply. As such, make sure you book your confinement lady well in advance. We recommend booking at least 7 months before your EDD so that you can choose the best nanny for yourself and have sufficient time to prepare.
2. Is it safe to have a confinement nanny? How do I know she is healthy?
At Confinement Angels, all of our nannies undergo annual medical checks to ensure that they are healthy to work with you and your family. We understand that newborns are especially susceptible to viruses and illnesses due to their still-developing immune systems. Our nannies are also professionally trained in proper hygiene methods, baby safety practices and more to best serve all your needs.
Additionally, we have taken extra care and precautionary measures during the Covid-19 period for your extra peace of mind:
- All nannies are expected to adhere to Covid-19 measures in Singapore. Any breach of safe distancing rules will be strictly dealt with.
- Nannies are reminded to report any symptoms that they might be experiencing. If the nanny has visited a doctor, where she is given medical leave and asked to undergo a swab test, she will not be assigned for work until the medical leave/monitoring period is completed and the swab test results are satisfactory.
- You may request for your confinement nanny to undergo a swab test before she is deployed to you. Clients will bear the cost of $158. Do note that the PCR test result from the laboratory will take around one day, so please be prepared for a probability of delayed deployment of nanny.
- Prior to being deployed to your residence, our nannies are mainly ‘confined’ in the residence of their prior client.
- Deployment logistics and transport are arranged by our dedicated car. Temperature checks will be performed and reported to the team.
- To limit exposure risk, working nannies are not allowed to leave their client’s residence for groceries or errands. This is after careful consideration that our nannies are your baby’s primary caregiver.
- Our pool of nannies are in the midst of ongoing vaccination. If your nanny has a vaccination appointment, please allow her to fulfill her appointment.
Our nannies also get a minimal 2 nights of transitionary rest in between assignments. This to ensure that they are well-rested and able to serve you efficiently. Being focused and alert will allow our nannies to care for mum and baby to the best of their abilities.
3. Where is my confinement nanny from?
Our pool of nannies are Malaysians who have been working in Singapore for some time. All nannies have to fulfil a 14-day Stay Home Notice in designated facilities upon their arrival before being deployed for assignments.
4. Will my nanny booking be affected?
Not at all. Customers who have made a confirmed booking with Confinement Angels are guaranteed the arrival of their nanny. This applies regardless of when your actual EDD is, and even in the event of unexpected changes such as Covid-19 restrictions. Let us provide you with complete peace of mind while you enjoy your confinement journey.
P.S – Known as the celebrities’ choice, Confinement Angels provides parents with complete peace of mind and maximum comfort by attending to every single aspect of the confinement experience. All of our confinement nannies undergo rigorous training based on an 88-hour syllabus, before being subject to another round of stringent evaluation to determine if they are ready to be deployed for assignments. Because at Confinement Angels, we go above and beyond to bring you only the best.
Book our confinement nanny service package and receive a free complimentary newborn baby photo session worth $188!
T&Cs: Offer is not applicable with any other ongoing promotions, offers, vouchers or privileges unless otherwise stated
Leave your contact info below and we will get in touch with you soon!