5 ways to protect your child from Covid-19
With over 45,000 reported cases in Singapore and a death toll of 27, the Covid-19 pandemic is certainly a force to be reckoned with. The economy has been hit hard and thousands have lost their jobs. Day-to-day life has also been greatly disrupted and the virus shows little sign of abating.
First of all, recognise the symptoms of Covid-19. While the virus affects people in different ways, here are a list of symptoms that patients are known to exhibit:
Most common symptoms:
- Dry cough
Less common symptoms:
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- A rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech or movement
The incubation period for the coronavirus is currently believed to be anywhere from 14 days to 24 days. During this “pre-symptomatic” period, those infected with the virus can be contagious. This means that someone can be transmitting the virus without even knowing that they are doing so, making Covid-19 even more dangerous.
Make sure to seek immediate medical attention if you experience these symptoms so that you receive treatment promptly.
5 Ways To Keep Your Child Safe from Covid-19
As children have a weaker immune system, they are more susceptible to falling ill. Therefore, it’s normal to worry about your kids and wonder how you can keep them safe. Start by following these five handy tips:
- Avoid crowded and enclosed spaces, including indoor playgrounds, markets and shopping malls as much as possible. If you have to go out, wear a mask.
- Ensure your child practices good hand hygiene at all times, as the virus is known to spread via contact with the face, nose, eyes and mouth.
- Avoid any unnecessary overseas travel.
- Avoid large gatherings whether indoors or outdoors. All public and private gatherings of any size are currently prohibited during the circuit breaker period.
- Avoid contact with family or friends if they recently travelled overseas to any hotspots such as China, Europe or USA, for at least 14 days.
Unfortunately, there is no fail-safe way to prevent the virus from spreading nor is there a vaccine at the moment. Rather than fretting unnecessarily, stay vigilant by ensuring that your little ones always wash their hands and keep a closer eye on them.
P.S – Known as the celebrities’ choice, Confinement Angels provides parents with complete peace of mind and maximum comfort by attending to every single aspect of the confinement experience. All of our confinement nannies undergo rigorous training based on an 88-hour syllabus, before being subject to another round of stringent evaluation to determine if they are ready to be deployed for assignments. Because at Confinement Angels, we go above and beyond to bring you only the best.
How much: Prices start from $2980 for the standard 28-day package.
Use promo code ArticleCA to take $88 off our confinement nanny service package and receive a free complimentary newborn baby photo session worth $206 and a baby massage session!
T&Cs: Offer is not applicable with any other ongoing promotions, offers, vouchers or privileges unless otherwise stated
Leave your contact info below and we will get in touch with you soon!